Challenge 10: COVID Cases & Deaths
Those who submit an entry will be eligible to win a free copy of any book related to data analysis by Packt! The more weeks you participate, the more chances you get to win!
There is no deadline for submission.
You are a data analyst and you have been tasked with analyzing data related to COVID cases and deaths around the world. Your manager would like the following questions answered.
Get the Data
Download dataset here.
- Is there any missing data? If so, perform missing data treatment of your choice.
- What are the data types? Looks like most of the numeric columns need to be changed. Convert them to floats and integers as necessary.
- How many different countries had the virus?
- Create a geographical plot of the distribution of deaths from around the world.
- What are the top 5 countries in active cases?
- What are the top 5 countries in total recoveries?
- Create your own question and answer it.
- Bonus: Create a dashboard with the important insights you find.
Place a comment below the post with your submission, then make a LinkedIn or twitter post with a screenshot or PDF of your answers. You can explain your thought process if you’d like. Just make sure to tag the Data in Motion LLC LinkedIn page or Twitter page.